And then we loved you....

And then we loved you....
The picture that started it all....

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Unfailing Plans....

    You guys..I have a confession to make...I brought my sick kiddo to church tonight( I did not put her in childcare so as to infect other kiddos so dont worry, however I do not think she is contagious)....She was up all night last night and I took her to the doctor today and she has an ear infection..most likely brought on by some gnarly allergies. The majority of my day was spent holding her.  My sink is packed high with dishes right now...and I did not get an ounce of laundry done today.  Right now my throat hurts so bad it feels like i have two tennis balls for tonsils and everytime I swallow my ears feel like they are going to burst.  But today, today was good day. Today I had the opportunity to speak at my church at our prayer night.  I was contacted just 2 days ago by elders from our church wanting us to come up on stage and share our story and recieve prayers .  Ryan and I were so excited by this opportunity to share our current adoption story and to also spread the word about adoption and encourage the church to get involved! So you can imagine my frustration when my toddler got sick and then I inturn started feeling bad. To make matters worse, Ryan was on shift today so I had no back up, lol, and speaking at church was going to be all up to me ! I really wanted to take some time today, read some scripture and just you know be prepared to share my story in a way that woud influence others.  That obviously was not happening with a 21 month old with an ear ache.
   
       I really need to go to bed, and gargle salt water, yuck. I am totally that Mom that makes my kids gargle salt water but totally wont do it myself.  I love how in blogs it is totally cool to competely digress. ...But I digress, so anyways, so ya i totally had no control over my day today. But as usual, who is in control, not I. Its funny how just now as I am typing that I really realize how much control I kid mysef in thinking I have, even though He really is the one in control. When I say "He" .. I am definately referring to the big man upstairs. God. My God, My Heavenly Father, who alway has my back. Who loves me so much that He gave his only son to die for my countless sins.  It is with Jesus' blood that we now can be adopted sons and daughters of God.  He loves me so much that even when the enemy creeps in with sore throats and ear aches and cranky kids and short-tempered, sleep-deprived moms, He still rescues the day, everyday.  He is like the ultimate opposite of that one friend we all know who flakes out at the last minute for a really ridiculous reason. I have totally been that friend before..."Ughh I am having a bad hair day, nope, not going."  And aren't we all that friend when it comes to our spiritual life? How easily are we put off course everyday, yet His plan still happens.  Hence, why today was an amazing day.  Church was amazing.It was all about adoption tonight. they brought 3 couples up to the stage.  The first, a coupe who does transitional care of infants between bio and adoptive parents.  Then us (Ryan in spirit). Then a couple who adopted a new born in July! We all shared our stories, God was glorified , and we all prayed. The best part, a couple hundred people got to learn about the plight of our orphans out there. A community was called to support adoption. This was amazing.  I did not have to plan. The Holy Spirit did its work. God did all the speaking and I know hearts were opened tonight.

   I have way more to write about tomorrow. I am truly exhausted. If any of you are visiting this blog from The Village Church FTW. Thank you so much for your ears and your hearts.  For more info email me at megyak@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Praise Father God for He. Is. Good. I am so glad it went beautifully despite sickness. Looking forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete