And then we loved you....

And then we loved you....
The picture that started it all....

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Up and running....

   It has been awhile since I have written anything and for that I apologize! I am going to be better now I promise ! So here is what is going on in the process...due to some amazing family, friends and complete strangers we had raised enough money to start the process of going to get Nick. Since that time we hired our adoption agency and commited "officially" to Nick.  We started our homestudy and are pretty much done ! I just went over the draft today and we just need to make a few tiny corrections, but that should be done and I am hoping to send off our homestudy to be approved by our facilitators in Nick's country and then send it to immigration here in the States by early next week.  I am basically finished with my paper chase for our dossier(which is a pack of paper to be sent to our adoptive country).  After we get approval from immigration here, which will take approximately 6 weeks (fingers crossed) we will send our dossier to Nick's country and then from that point on we need to be ready to leave to go meet and hopefully bring him home ! We will get a phone call from his country with an appointment for their department of family services and we need to be their by that date ! This seems to take around a month to get an appointment ! So we are praying to have our little guy home this spring if all goes well ! That is basically why I have not blogged much, I have bee very busy working on this stuff and plus we had the holidays upon us!
   We still have a long ways to go with fundraising but I will be basically devoting more of my time to this now since our major paperwork is done ! We have a family sponsorship page set up with Reeces Rainbow(http://reecesrainbow.org/102613/sponsoryaklin) and will be adding a link for that to this page ! Please pray for our little guy that God would prepare his heart for us ! Pray hard for a speedy process so we can get there and bring him home ! We are so ready to hold him !

No comments:

Post a Comment